Affirmations are a form of emotional support; thoughts to go to when you need strength or courage. In the process of giving up resentments, the following affirmations are extremely useful to keep you strong and to stay on course.
If you are the Injured Partner, these affirmations are for you:
- Affirmation #1 – I am committed to working on giving up my resentment toward my partner today.
- Affirmation #2 – I will work on replacing resentment with positive memories associated with my partner or our relationship.
- Affirmation #3 – Today, instead of “stuffing” my feelings, I will sit down and honestly reveal to my partner things that bother me and how I feel about about what they are doing.
If you are the Offending Partner, these affirmations are for you:
- Affirmation #1- I will do everything possible to help my partner overcome resentments he/she has toward me.
- Affirmation #2- I will do every reasonable thing I can to stop doing the things that cause resentment in my partner.
- Affirmation #3- I will do everything I can to better understand why my partner feels resentment, ,even though I don’t agree that he/she has a realistic basis for the resentment.